Sunday, July 29, 2012

God is in Every Tomorrow





Recently I was going through things in Bud's office and packing it all up. In the next few posts I want to share some special things I found in his desk, on his clipboard, in his files. They speak of his faith, his confidence in the Lord, his love for his family. These little tidbits speak of the legacy he has left behind. The poem shared below was in the top drawer of his desk. He was not a poem person, so it surprised me to find it. Perhaps someone gave it to him and it touched a spot in his soul. Today it gives me comfort because it is truth.

God is in every tomorrow
Therefore I live for today,
Certain of finding at sunrise
Guidance and strength for the day;
Power for each moment of weakness;
Hope for each moment of pain;
Comfort for every sorrow;
Sunshine and joy after rain.

God is in every tomorrow
Planning for you and for me;
E’en in the dark will I follow,
Trust where my eyes cannot see.
Stilled by His promise of blessing,
Soothed by the touch of His hand,
Confident in His protection,
Knowing my life-path is planned.

God is in very tomorrow,
Life with its changes may come;
He is behind and before me,
While in the distance shines Home!
Home where no thoughts of tomorrow
Ever can shadow my brow;
Home in the presence of Jesus,
Through all eternity now!

Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment